Monday, February 23, 2009

Amazing technology

This morning our U.S. phone (voice-over-internet through Voicepulse) was ringing and I knew it was too early for anyone in the states to be calling us but the caller ID said it was Montana so I answered it and it was my friend, Lisa Bennett, who just moved to the Czech Republic with her family as IMB missionaries. The crazy part is that they have a voice-over-internet phone through Vonage with their home number in Montana. So from the Czech Republic she called from her Montana phone to my Tennessee phone in Spain. CRAZY!! But we had a wonderful conversation and I have been thinking all day how amazing it was that she just picked up her phone and called me for free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!! When I first was a missionary hardly anyone knew what email was, never mind have internet. Technology is great!

Lisa B. said...

Such great inventions! I had a wonderful time talking to you and am sooooo glad that we can communicate so easily :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails