Friday, March 12, 2010

A long overdue post.

How are we doing? In short, we’re doing ok. Suddenly I (Keri) have found myself in a dichotomy of not knowing what next year will hold while at the same time completely resting in the belief that God will provide for us in His time and in His way. Last night as I was praying, I was thankful that I am not anxious – RARE for me! We are hoping to be able to stay here another year but our finances and support aren’t looking great at this point, but we’ll see. We are going home in June and hope to have a decision by then. I told David last night how it’s hard to know sometimes which direction God is working from – like are we not exercising enough faith that He will provide the support we need for another year when we both so strongly felt that we should stay or is it a God-thing that we happened to look at our finances the other night, which is leading us to explore other possibilities job-wise for next year that may not be available had we waited until the end of summer? Either way – we agree that the Lord has always provided for us and says in his Word that he will graciously give us all things, so we have no reason to expect otherwise even though we can’t see into the future. Of course, David feels the weight of it more than I do because he feels a responsibility to provide for his family. He came home the other day notably weighted down by it all and I tried to encourage him, and he said, “You worry about hotels burning down and planes crashing and I worry about not being able to provide for my family.” I reminded him that the things I worry about never happen anyway so his probably wouldn’t happen either. :)

Anyway. So pray for us in all of that, if you think about it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails