Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camp and Fiesta

Every year at the beginning of the year, the students at ECA go to camp for two nights. This gives the new students a chance to get to know their classmates, among other teambuilding things, etc. Our girls left for camp on Wednesday via chartered bus with the rest of the high school students, so we had a couple of days together as a family.

While the students were gone David spend the good part of one day getting a safety inspection completed on our minivan. We also enjoyed a visit to the largest mall in Spain as a family, including a meal out together. Mathis particularly enjoyed the ketchup on his fries.

Also this week, the annual fiesta took place in Camarma. This included many colored lights strung around town...

...a bicycle parade...

...a parade with giant puppets and a marching band...

...and the running of the bulls.

David tried to get Keri to run, but she wasn't up for it. Perhaps next year :)

Also included in the fiesta were live bands, a chess tournament, dancing, an orchestra, and bull fighting. What a fun culture!
Thank you to those who have been praying for us. If you would like to receive monthly email prayer letters, please let us know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi David and Keri,

We sat in your spot at church yesterday morning. I have been praying for you and wondering how you are doing in this totally different culture. I am sure you have to adjust to Europe just as I had/have to adjust to America. Either way is great. No one's way is better than others.

You are in my prayers.

Myriam Herron (for Conrad also)

Laura said...

Even with ketchup, Mathis looks like an angel.

Thanks for sharing the photos of the fiesta. Running of the bulls - so cool!

And I wish I had my camera with me yesterday when I saw a man in the Hixson BI-LO wearing red plaid capris. (He must read your blog.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails