I just spoke to the Consulate in New Orleans to inquire about the status of my (Keri's) and the kids' visas, and she said there was still no movement on them, meaning they still haven't been approved. I'm a bit disappointed, because I hate the wait. I hate the unknown. I wonder if I will have to leave Spain in November at the end of my 90 days or if they will have been approved by then. But I know that God knows best and that He has a reason for the delay, even if I don't understand it. I'm writing this to ask for you to pray specifically for them to be approved. We have seen the Lord's hand so clearly throughout this entire process and I know that He is faithful no matter what. But we continue to covet your prayers in this.
I have been reading the Old Testament and told David the other day how it struck me that God was leading the Israelites to Canaan, as he had promised them, but along their journey, they had battles to fight against other nations, which the Lord gave them victory in, but they were battles nonetheless. He didn't just lead them there instantly or without hardship. I was reminded that I have complete assurance that God has called us to be here right here and now, but that I still expect everything to be smooth and easy. For us, dealing with government offices and beurocracy is one of those battles, I guess.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dear David & Keri,
We're enjoying your blog, which allows us to tour some of Spain vicariously. We think of you often, especially at church each Sunday. Glad to know everyone has been so gracious in helping you get settled for your wonderful adventure!
Denese & Creed
I think it's so amazing how you can read passages in the Bible that you have read hundreds of times before, but every time there is something that speaks exactly to what you are experiencing.
I love how you continually apply God's Word to your life, especially when there are trials. Thank you for sharing that with us.
And, know that you have our prayers for your visas (among other things).
Praying for this right now! Hang in there-waiting is often the hardest thing to do. Love you.
Hi Keri, I love keeping up with you by reading your blog! I keep your sweet family on my prayer list. It is such a blessing to watch God work in your lives. I miss you on Wed. mornings at Bible study. I will pray specifically for those visas. God is faithful!
Love, Margaret Martin
Post a Comment