Friday, September 5, 2008

It's just different

When we went to Pre-field Orientation, we were told that things would be different as we moved to new countries and new cultures. We were encouraged to not think of these things as wrong or bad, just different. It is still difficult (for David) to accept the fashion trend in Spain of men wearing capri pants...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we like to refer to them as "manpris".......

my neighbor wears them all the time...he is one of the few that pulls it off..john tried it once and we never spoke of it again....

:)

also.....the man sandals are known as "mandels" and the male purse (a bigger offense than the manpris) is known as a "murse"...
xo
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud!!! I'm with David on this one, very hard to accept. Of course, he never really liked capris on women either, did he? I still think maybe they just shopped in the women's section by mistake!! :-)

Bethany said...

totally disagree! this is euro-tastic! david must buy them immediately!!

Scott W said...

Whew, good thing God didn't call you guys to Scotland. :) ~Scott

The Jackson Family said...

There's a missionary school of thought that says if you want to reach them, you have to become one of them. If God put on flesh for you and me, I think the least David can do is put on some capris for the Spaniards. Ha Ha! Just kidding. We are Enjoying Spain vicariously (..yet not in capris), so keep blogging! The Jacksons.

Anonymous said...

They are probably cheaper in the US. We'll be glad to bring you some in April. If you can't wait that long, maybe Keri's mom can bring them this fall.

Anonymous said...

Hi There,
Just wanted you to know that we (your Aunt and Uncle) are so very proud of you both and admire what you are doing.
I know that God is blessing your family so much.
We enjoy reading your blogs and keeping us up to date.
You are in our prayers.
Aunt Iva

Laura said...

Great post! I knew there would be some "common" things in Spain so different to us that we would find them amusing. I thought I knew it all, from the European sandals and purses men carry, but I had NO IDEA that men were wearing capris!!! Maybe in Asia...

Now I wonder what the Spaniards would find amusing about us. I'm sure there would be something, if not several things. Uh-oh, I'm already thinking of some things...

Related Posts with Thumbnails