This is the dorm. It is a just a house in Camarma that the school rents.
This is our street. Every house is exactly the same.
This is our minivan, provided by the school. It's very "mini," as is everything here. All the cars here are stick shift, which means David will be doing all of the driving. It comes in handy that he drove professionally for 3 years before he started teaching. :)
These are our appliances. The skinny refrigerator, small oven and tiny microwave.
Everything is small here. This is a litre of 2% milk.

This is our washing machine, in the kitchen, of course. We tried it out today, after having to call someone to come show us how to use it. I mean, could you understand this...
(click to enlarge picture)
Mathis loves watching the clothes swish around and around.
And this one is for Lisa. :) Most Spaniards do not have dryers, although our house does have one. It is unbelievably dry and hot here (think desert) so I took advantage of it to save energy. Believe it or not, these were hung out this evening in the shade and were completely dry within 2 hours.








10 comments:
Keri,
You are such an excellent communicator on the Internet. Thank you for the words and photos. So happy that you are "settling" into your new life in Spain. You have my love and prayers. Elsa
I just love the intraweb. :)
Keri, thanks for posting these! It is great to be able to picture your setting. Glad you made it over safely. Showed your pictures to our kids. We continue to pray for you and for your transition.
THIS makes me extremely giddy each time!:
Live traffic feed
Madrid, Madrid arrived from my12stones.blogspot.com on "Bethany's Freelance Life"
Thanks for posting pictures of your new life! I am praying for you every day! B.
Yay! I would have had to ask how to use the washer, too. I'm glad you got to Spain safely, and are settling in. When do the girls move in?
Nice house, when are going to have david teach you how to drive stick shift
so nice to see your side of the world. glad you are settling in so quickly!
We had to ask someone how to use the washer too! Kinda fun to be on the other side of the blog. Enjoy every minute of your adventure!
Hey, loved seeing the pictures! And it's fun that you were at Carrefour; we have one very close by that we frequent...I wonder if yours sells dried squid strips? :)
Thanks for the picture of your clothes drying in the sun. You're such a missionary. : ) I love seeing where your new life is. Keep posting the pictures! Love you so much!
Post a Comment