We were warmly greeted by several of the staff at ECA, who helped us get all our stuff to our house (pics coming soon), provided snacks and dinner for us and have been extremely helpful in general with helping us get settled. We are six hours ahead of Chattanooga here so the children are especially tired, but hopefully they will adjust quickly. Last night, we all slept about 13 hours. Our phone and internet were not working when we arrived, hence the delayed update. But now I am feeling somewhat settled and ready to finally get back to my interneting.
David and Rachel on the plane
Mathis attempting to use the headphones. He didn't quite understand what they were for and they didn't really fit, but it was worth a shot. Another funny Mathis-ism is that when we were at the airport, he would run to the window and point at the planes and say, "Boat!?" I'm not sure why he thinks they are boats, but it's cute anyway.
It was sooo nice that each seat came equipped with its own screen, which allowed us to choose whatever TV or movie we wanted, when we wanted. Also, there were video games to play. "Bejeweled" kept me entertained for quite a while. :)And this is our arrival photo. After David had stacked all those bags on the cart, Rachel said to Mathis, "Wow, Mathis! Look what Daddy built!"




9 comments:
Wow, cool.
That's great stuff for an aspiring Missionary. I'm doing a little "guerrilla promotion" Finding random blogs to tell them about Inbox Ministries- inspirational messages for the Christian, check it out!
Good to hear you made it safely!
-Virginia
Mathis and the headphones is too cute! I am so glad you made it safely. Love ya!
I'm so happy you all are there safely, and that all your stuff arrived, and that your kids did well on the trip.
Thank you for giving us that nice update, and I look forward to the next set of photos!!
I woke up this morning hoping to hear from you guys. Sounds like Rachel and Mathis did well-what a blessing! Praying for you all and love you very much!
You are all in our thoughts and prayers... We are missing David as we get ready to begin school at CCS, but I know you are ALL in for a wonderful adventure in Spain! Have a great week and I can't wait to see how God continues to work in your lives. (Thanks for the great pictures!)
Dani and family
With all that luggage, you guys look like you're moving or something. Thanks for updating us on a safe arrival. I look forward to seeing how God is going to use you and teach you through this adventure.
Kathy
So glad to hear you guys got over their safely and relatively smoothly! Great pictures! It's so great to be able to keep up with all that's going on with you all. We were praying like crazy for you on Monday, even while we were up in the Colorado mountains! Can't wait to hear more from you!
Dear David, Keri and family.
I am very glad that U had a safe flight to Spain. Can't wait for the next set of pictures from your home and the children that u are taking care of from the school. In your next set of pictures please include the inside of the school that the children attend OK. Thanks again for the pictures of Rachel & Mathis on the plane and in the house. I thought that Rachel looked real pretty in that Little House in the Prairie outfit. Please as the kids adjust to the timezone there in Spain please keep me informed on the their progress OK.
Sincerely Yours with Love
Benji Brychta
Post a Comment