Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Hand-Me-Downs

A sweet family who served here the last two years thoughtfully left us 6 boxes full of toys, books, dress up clothes and a bike for Rachel. We have been so thankful as we've begun to sort through them. Among our favorite things so far:

Her very own bike, pink and purple, complete with a ladybug helmet. She says she is going to save her allowance and buy a bell, a basket and a headlamp. :)

Several dress up outfits, including this "Little House on the Prairie / Felicity (American Girl)" outfit.

And a bag of curlers, which she was very excited about. In Tennessee, whenever I attempted to curl her hair, it would hold for about 10 minutes, then go flat because of the humidity. Here, it stayed all day. So cute. :) In fact, she looked in the mirror this morning after we took them out and said, "Mommy, I look like Shirley Temples!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her hair looks absolutely ADORABLE!!! That's awesome! And is that Liv's old dress?! It looks so much better on Rachel with her red hair! Thanks for all the pics. I've really enjoyed getting to know all your knew surroundings.

Stephanie said...

WOW! I am so glad you are there.
Please keep blogging about your new life. You are amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails