Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday

This morning we attended church at a church in Alcala de Henares, a larger town about ten minutes away from us. It is a bilingual church, so most of the songs were sung corporately in Spanish first, then in English. The pastor is a Spaniard, as are most of the leaders, but there is an English translator who stands up next to him. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't feel right taking flash photography during a worship service. I did get a picture before the service started, though. We sang for about 40 minutes, then the children were dismissed to their Sunday School class for the duration of the sermon.


There is another church plant that has just begun this year in Camarma, the town where we are, and we will probably try it next week.

It's so beautiful here. I mean, it's like a desert kind of, very dry and arid and not much green, but I love the blue sky and sun. Our house has lots of large windows that we leave open most of the time and there is a slight breeze blowing most of the day. On the road to Alcala, we pass by an olive grove. Olives and olive oil are one of Spain's largest exports.

Olive grove

There are very few traffic lights here. Almost every intersection has a roundabout. Here is a picture of one coming up. Again, I am so thankful to not have to drive here...yet anyway. I'm so glad David knows what he's doing. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tell rachel that uncle herb likes the picture of her bike, and I might help her with the bell and basket.

Related Posts with Thumbnails